REVIEW: Skinfood Egg-white Pore Mask (updated 16/10/2012)

Why hello there, sexy moccachinos! Today I'm going to write a review of Skinfood's Egg-white Pore Mask. Egg-white mask, as we all may have known, has the ability to tighten the pores. Albeit it's only temporary, many use the egg-mask religiously, anyway.





Me? I don't want to go all the trouble of breaking the egg, separate the white from the yolk, and endure the egg smell for hours. Thus why I opted for this mask! (FYI, I have an oily skin and ridiculously large pores.) I already have many types of clay-mask, and I was surprised when I found out that this is a clay-mask too lol.

Alright! Now, let's see how good this mask is~


Explanation: A pore-refining cleanser with egg white extract that penetrates deeply into pores to remove pore-clogging oil.
Egg White Story: Egg white, enriched with albumin, promotes firmer skin and smaller pores.
To Use: After cleansing, apply to the face except the eyes and mouth area. Wash off with lukewarm water in 10-25 minutes.
 
I snerked a lot as I studied the ingredients of this mask. Mainly to the fact that the position of egg-white (ALBUMEN), is placed on the third position from the bottom. Meaning that that it uses only small percentage of egg-white. It's safe to say that this mask contains more... CLAY MATERIAL than EGG-WHITE. (Per usual, you can see the complete list of the ingredients here.) Way to go, Skinfood. You almost got me there!

Now, let's take a look at the texture:

just right-click to ge the full-size

lol you'll notice how my eyes are uneven

 
 close-up yeah yeah yeah


Remember when I told you that I need super-extra-duper-time to make each mask work wonderfully on my skin? Well, I was kind of in a hurry so I did what Skinfood suggested me (wore it only  for 15-20 minutes). And guess what? 


.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.



 IT JUST DOESN'T WORK ON ME!!!

 
  the only *most* noticable difference is the white paste on some gaping pore LOL




 *raps fingers on desk* So. Yah. Without further adoooooo, the grades would beeeeee:


 Scent: 4/5

It has soft and powdery scent. I honestly can't put my finger on what scent, though....

Hygiene: 2/5

It's got extra lid but no spoon to scoop with. Please use alternative tool upon using. (Mine is VEET's spatula lol)

Packaging: 3/5

Nothing special.

Texture: 3/5

Clay-ish (?) yet it's lighter than Innisfree's Jeju Claymask. It's not really thick when it's spread onto the skin. ETA: As it dries up, it doesn't feel too tight nor hard. The mask surface is smooth, and somehow reminds me a lot to chalk. Clay masks tend to crack when we move the muscle of our face, yes? This doesn't crack at all.

Effectiveness: 2/5

It's hard to tell if it really lifts up the dirt nor tightens the pore. I did notice that the reds are calmed down a little. Only ever sooooo little. Maybe I should've worn it for hours (or maybe overnight?) to see it really works or not.

Overall: 2.5/5

Sorry! Super not recommended! As much as I loohooove Skinfood, but this product will be sitting on my shelf for a good coupla years. (I never waste my skincare products hahah.) However, our skin-types are different. So what didn't work on me might work on you~


ETA: But WHY I still don't recommend this product?
Well, I think it's just silly if this product claims that it's the white-egg ingredient that tighten the pores. The ones that do and the ones that will is, in fact, are the clay-mineral ingredients. And since I've ventured on how to reduce oil from my face, I've tried at least 3-4 clay masks from different brands. And I could say that this mask is one of the lesser ones. The price is not that pricey, though, so I think that counts as one positive side from the mask.
 
My suggestion? You'd better buy clay mask like Mint Helene Julep Masque or Innisfree Jeju Claymask. Sure, they're more expensive, but keep in mind that when we use clay-masks, those can last for 6 months and even a year! (Given if you use it on weekly basis.)

Sakurablossomshop has them on PO and she gives a ridiculously cheap discounted price of Korean beauty products. And I don't think I'll review of Mint Julep or Innisfree Claymask since too many people have reviewed them, anyway. However! If you need me to give you a detailed review, just give me a shout.


Oh, if you are curious and you still insist on buying, 


NOTE: 

  • Do not put on fridge. It contains enough emollients to keep the texture solid yet liquid-ish. I tried putting it on fridge, it hardened which made it difficult to scoop it out from the jar.
  • Wash off with warm water to get more effectiveness.

UPDATED VERSION
16 OCT 2012:
  • Changed the typo 'NOSE' into 'EYES' (suggested by Latifah Yulia)
  • Added the texture feel from using the mask.
  • Added reasonings and opinions about this mask.

Share this:

, , , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

13 cups of coffee:

  1. masa gak working si dear ? D:
    padahal aku rencna pgen beli ini :s
    seriusan gak working? *masi g pcya* >.<

    come and see my blog again,
    xo,
    gitasyalala.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Gita
    The proof is in the pudding :D Ada tuh gambar before-afterku hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. yah sayang bgt produknya ga efektif :( tadinya aku kepikiran mau nyobain juga soalnya,,kulitku berminyak dan pori2 besar T.T

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha, I laughed after I looked at the ingredients. Albuminnya secuil doang, cuy, kalo kata anak zaman sekarang. Mendingan beli yang Viva punya, yang penting ada kaolin nya, but, nice review, as usual. Very in depth! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too bad it isn't working.. :(
    BTW you have some typo in "avoid EYES and mouth areas"! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Latifah Aulia
      LMAO I certainly do!!
      Oh garwsh, thanks for pointing that out for me, hun! Will fix it once I reach my working place later~

      Delete
  6. untung gw g beli hahah i have been eye-ing this for a very very longgg time :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Fweegy
      Gatau ci cay (alay), tp mnurut gw pbedaan kulit gw n elo mayan gede (meski sama2 oily combo).

      Inget kan lu yg barang lu kasi gw si l'oreal hydrafresh?

      Naaah, nyang ga cucok di gw mgkn cucok di elu tuuuuh.

      Eh kalo ga lu mao ga gw kasi sampel in jarnye? Tp gw kudu beli tempat kosong dl wehehehe

      Delete
  7. @Stephanie
    Oh my. Divisit non Phanie tuh rasanya sesuatu banggetttt *v*

    Wahahaha, tau tuh. Ada2 ajaaaaaa

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks for review :D
    review nya jelas banget..
    aku jd pengen coba cucumber wash off nya setelah bandingin review ini sama yg cucumber..

    uniquebloggonnabe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. wah aku jg ada nih mask ini, tapi belum dicoba hihi~

    jsyfl1113.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. mungkin harus pemakain bbrp kali baru bisa kelihatan hasilnya :D

    Invite you to enter my giveaway
    Lotus Blossom Design Giveaway Win $50 gift card
    Hope you will join :) Thank you!

    New post Koleksi Terbaru Luch Luch Craft - Gantungan Binatang Lucu

    visit my blog
    www.luchluchcraft.blogspot.com
    www.tokoluchluchcraft.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. www.honestskin.com

    Shopping mall for Korean cosmetics. 30% Sale in March!!!

    Skinfood, Missha, Skinfood, Leaders Mask, Belif, Etude House, Nature Republic, Su:m 37, Its Skin, Innisfree, 3 Concept Eyes ( 3CE ), TONYMOLY, The face shop, Laneige, IOPE, Sulwhasoo, WHOO, Regen, Ryeo Shampoo, and a lot more

    ReplyDelete